Sydney Harbour Kayak's Terms and Conditions for Tours and Lessons (activities)
Tour & Lessons Terms & Conditions -
Please read carefully prior to making a booking.
1. Full payment is required at time of booking via credit card (Visa or Mastercard), EFT or cash.
2. All prices included are inclusive of GST.
3. We require a minimum of 4 people to launch a public tour and for a private tour, the minimum cost is based on 3 people.
4. Sydney Harbour Kayaks reserves all rights to cancel or reschedule the activity if the participant numbers do not meet the minimum requirements.
5. For corporate / school group bookings over 12 people, a 50% deposit is required upon booking and the final 50% balance is due the day prior to the activity.
6. If the corporate / school group booking is made within one month of the activity date, or there are below 12 people, then full payment will be required upon booking.
7. All participants need to read and agree to the Sydney Harbour Kayaks 'Indemnity and warning of risk' form prior to each activity.
Check in for a kayaking activity / tour
1. All Paddlers that are booked into an activity / tour with Sydney Harbour Kayaks are required to arrive and ‘check-in’ at Sydney Harbour Kayaks' premises at least 15 minutes prior to the advised departure time.
2. Failure to arrive by this time may result in non-admittance to the activity / tour at Sydney Harbour Kayaks' discretion, without a refund.
Poor weather policy
1. Sydney Harbour Kayaks reserves all rights to cancel or reschedule the activity in the event of adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
2. Sydney Harbour Kayaks reserves the right to delay, postpone, substitute or cancel a tour as a matter of safety for our customers and guides.
3. If adverse weather conditions force us to cancel an activity, all participants that booked directly through Sydney Harbour Kayaks will be given a refund (less an administration fee of $40.00 per person) or a full credit in this situation.
4. Participants that purchased an activity through a third party booking agent (Viator, Klook, Red Balloon, Adrenaline, etc) are able to re-book at a future date or need to make a claim with the third party booking agent.
5. If the weather is overcast or raining (with light winds) on the day of the activity, we will not necessarily cancel the tour or lesson (we can provide you with a rain jacket).
6. Activities / tours and Lessons can be transferred to another person or family member.
7. If a refund is needed to be given due to adverse weather conditions, a $40.00 administration fee per person will be deducted from this refund.
1. If you would like to transfer or postpone your booking 24 hours before the activity a $40.00 administration fee (per person) will be charged.
2. No refunds will be given for cancellations 24 hours before the activity or on the day of the activity.
3. For private activities / tours, corporate or school group bookings,
a) A full refund will be given on booking cancellations made outside of 72 hours from the date of the activity / tour.
b) If you cancel within 72 hours prior to the activity / tour, you will only be refunded 50% of the total price.
c) No refunds will be given for cancellations 24 hours before the activity or on the day of the activity.
Mobile Phones / Cameras / Electronics (On-Water)
We DO NOT recommend that you take any electronic devices out on to the water for kayak tours, rentals or lessons unless you have a secure, sealable waterproof case or bag.
Even with a waterproof case or bag, you must ensure that this is closed & secured properly. It is the responsibility of the individual paddler to make sure they have security over their own phone or electronic devices.
Even in calm conditions, the risk of water damage is fairly high, please make sure you are well prepared.
Sydney Harbour Kayaks doesn't accept any liability if the phone or electronic devices are, lost or damaged when engaged on one of our activities (kayak tours, lessons rentals).
The information provided by you during the booking process and any other information sent to us by you or otherwise obtained by us about you is only used for the purposes of fulfilling your requests for our products; providing a personalised service; maintaining accounts and records; statistical analysis and conducting market research surveys; assessing and evaluating the use that is being made of the Site.
We do not save or keep your credit card details provided during the payment process.
We will only send you marketing based emails if you choose to sign up to our newsletter and we will not distribute your email address to any other company not owned by SHK. If you choose at any time to discontinue receiving our newsletter, just let us know and we will take you off the list.